Sunday, December 10, 2017

Flower Power.

I've got green fingers. I've always loved gardening and growing house plants. Unfortunately, gardening is another activity, along with reading and music, that has fallen by the wayside since the death of my son.I suppose that it may be due to the fact that he and I planted some green beans together about a week or so before he died. He joked that if he planted them upside down they'd grow in New Zealand. Since then I haven't been able to garden and the majority of my houseplants have kicked the bucket.
NZ Greenhood Orchid.

However, it's not all doom and gloom. I have suddenly refound the desire to grow things. Unfortunately I no longer have access to a garden now that I'm living in an apartment. Nonetheless, I'm now taking care of my remaining house plants. I've also decided to get in to growing orchids. I've loved them since we lived in the countyside as I was growing up, and often went to see, with Mum, the native New Zealand orchids growing in the bush.

So, I've sent my Christmas list to Santa asking for an orchid. You gotta start somewhere. Hoping that St Nick comes up with the goods.

I also thought that I'd build, rather than buy, a planter box so that I can start growing a few more indoor plants.

These are all signs that I'm coming right. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment